August 5, 2009

Wedding Wednesday

Well, well, well...where do I start. Originally this was going to be a very nice post about how the Oklahoma wedding was fabulous and made me all giddy for our wedding (less than 2 months away now!) but now (2 months from our wedding) I am forced to find a florist.
That's right.
One of the first things I did when I started this wedding planning was book a florist. I had met with some people and against what I heard and what my gut told me I picked Janna Coe. Her flowers were just absolutely stunning and she seemed to be the only one who "got" what I wanted and her written quote sounded, dare I say, perfect. Girls on The Knot warned me that she was really bad a communication but I went for it anyway, how bad could it be, right?
Wrong.
Her phone number is disconnected and both of her shops are no longer there. She is not answering any of my emails and I am at a loss. Luckily my mom is a savvy MOB and has done some research and let's just say we will be getting our money back.
So now I am back to the drawing board on these stupid flowers. Who knows, maybe it will be a blessing in disguise and someone will feel sorry for us and give us a way cheaper quote.
Here's to wishful thinking.


On another note, I have another dress fitting tomorrow! I can't wait to put on my beautiful dress again! This time it will be sort of altered so I can't wait to see how much better it will look once everything "fits"! Hopefully I'll remember my camera this time!


Friday we are going to our venue to pick our menu and do some more planning. I didn't really get a great look at everything (and I didn't take any pics) the first time we went so I'm excited to see it again! I really can't wait to try food and I'm so glad that Future Mr will be able to join us :-)
Next weekend is my bachelorette party and I CANNOT WAIT!!! We are going to have so much fun!
I cannot believe our wedding is less than 2 months away! Time really has flown by and with all the events coming up it's all starting to set in. I will be Mrs. James C. Dew in no time flat!!!

22 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope everything goes well in finding a new florist! Have fun at your dress fitting tomorrow! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the florist Shannon. That is SO uncool. But like you said, maybe its a blessing. Hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about the florist and I had close to the exact same thing happen. Mine didn't close up shop, but she was horrible with communication and it seemed too good to be true. It definitely was and we had to find a new one about 3 months before the wedding. It all worked out for me and it will for you too!

    The wedding countdown is really on for you now! You're going to have a blast at the bachelorette party. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new background! Hate your florist though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I'm really sorry! Good luck finding a new florist!

    Have fun at your fitting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yea!! another dress fitting. its so fun putting your dress on isnt it??! you need to email me a pic of your dress! i want to see it :)

    the florist thing will work out i promise! i had to change reception venues 6 months before the wedding and it turned out to be the greatest thing that could have happened to us! so good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's crazy! She just closed up shop and tried to run away with the money? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Just came across your blog and I love it! I hope you find a good florist that suits your style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, that is a total bummer about the flowers, but praise god your mom was on the job, haha!!!! You have so much to look forward to, how exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the new layout! thats shitty about the florist, at least you're getting your money back!!! cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear about the florist hun. that would be really frustrating! i'm glad your mom is helping you out. i'm sure everything will get worked out.
    have fun at your dress fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh girl i am so sorry that happened! At least you got your moeny back! It will all work out for the best girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a blast at the dress fitting. I did mine 2 days ago.
    I stumbled across your blog from a friends page...super cute. Cant wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, that is horrible! I hope you find someone even better!!! 2 months before my wedding our singer said she couldn't do it anymore because she was getting a divorce and couldn't stand to be at a wedding. Luckily, our DJ could sing and he did the most amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That stinks about the florist! I'm waiting a while to book our florist and caterer because it seems so many are going out of business these days! Have so much fun at the fitting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy all of the details... even when they do get stressful!! I hope everything goes okay, keep us updated on the florist! Dress fitting... don't under eat! I had the flu and now its a little snug!! :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's so crazy she'd just fall off the face planet. so glad you got your money back and hope you find someone fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your lovely blog sweetie! My best friend who gets married tomorrow decided to get their own flowers from the flower mart in San Francisco. Not sure if this helps?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gah! That just stinks about the florist. But great attitude. Hopefully it will be a blessing in disguise.
    Love the new header, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you're going to be able to get your deposit back! I would have hunted her down for that! That's ridiculous!

    Hope the food tasting goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank goodness that you are getting your money back. Flowers are such an expensive part of the wedding. We're planning on buying our flowers wholesale and attempting to DIY arrangements, bouquets, bouts, etc. But with 11 months to go, this may change. It all depends on how overwhelmed I get with all this planning. Good luck on yours!!

    ReplyDelete