September 21, 2009

Cork Place Card Holder How To

Thanks to my fabulous bestie we got the place card holders FINISHED! It feels so good to have another item checked off my list!
They turned out perfectly, just as I expected. What I did NOT expect was how time consuming these bad boys would be. We were up till after 12:30 (midnight) cutting, gluing, and balancing. I even cut my thumb! Cutting the corks was not an easy task to say the least. Some corks were a little less dense than others, making it slightly easier to slice through them, but I still have indentations on my hands from the razor knife. And yes we have some burn spots on our hands and fingers from the hot glue too. But see for yourself, were they worth the blood, sweat, and tears?


My boo boo (ok so it's not SO bad)
side profile
we glued washers to the bottom to help them stand upright
finished product
a few
and the head table all got champagne corks!


So what do you think?

28 comments:

  1. I love the idea! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok -- MOST CREATIVE THING EVER!! I seriously love it and have never seen that before! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look fantastic! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, love them! What a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTEEE! love the idea! very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuuuute!! I love the place card design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those turned out really cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a creative yet still classy idea. i like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They turned out great! My best friend just got married a couple of weeks ago and she did the same thing. Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon - I have tons from my wedding that someone could re-use if you know someone who wants them! Look on my FB for pics! They have pink ribbon on them.

    April

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those! I actually may steal this idea one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh...those couldn't be more perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great! I have always loved this idea. The placecards look really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg that is the cutest thing ever...my brother's wedding is this saturday, i wanna do this for them!! im nervous on time though haha how long did it take you to collect all those corks?!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is rather interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. genius! was this even before pinterest? im impressed!

    ReplyDelete